Hot and Sour Soup
- 1 Tbs avocado oil
- 1 Tbs grated ginger (I used 3 blocks of the super easy already grated frozen cubed ginger from Trader Joe's)
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3 carrots sliced into ribbons or thin sticks
- 5 oz shitake mushrooms any type of mushroom would be great
- 1/4th red cabbage thinly sliced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs chili pastę (sambal olek)
- 14 oz tofu cut into bite sized strips
- 4 cakes ramen noodles
- Thinly slice cabbage, mushrooms and green onions (you will use all of the green onion). Peel and slice carrots.
- Add avocado oil to a large pot and sauté ginger and the white ends of the green onion for 1-2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, soy sauce, vinegar and chili sauce and bring to a boil
- While the broth is coming to a boil, drain the tofu and cut into small bite sized strips or cubes
- Add Tofu and Ramen noodles and cook for3-5 minutes until tofu is hot and Ramen noodles are soft
- Taste and add more soy sauce or chili paste as needed
- Place in a bowl, sprinkle with green onions and enjoy!