Take Your Time Yummy Pasta
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 3 lbs Campari Tomatoes (can sub any ripe tomato)
- Veggies on top!
- Heat olive oil, garlic cloves and red pepper flakes in a dutch oven or pot
- Wash tomatoes, cut in half and remove seeds into a strainer that is held over the pot. Seeds to remain in the strainer, liquid and tomato into the pot
- Simmer covered for at least 15 minutes, but the longer the better (up to several hours)
- Cook pasta in boiling water for half the time stated on package directions then strain
- While pasta is cooking, blend sauce in a blender or with an immersion blender
- Add semi-cooked pasta to sauce and continue to cook for the remaining time from the package directions
- Season with salt and pepper and additional red pepper flakes
- Top with any veggies that you desire, my favorite is squash.